Sunday, April 04, 2010

I'm Torn...

Wow. The Skins traded a 2nd round draft pick this year and a 4th round pick next year to the Eagles for Donovan McNabb. On the one hand, I feel really bad for Jason Campbell. That guy has put up with a ton of shit from this team in the past few years. Anyone who has talked Skins football with me for more than 30 seconds knows I'm a big Campbell fan. On the other hand, I'm really excited about the possibilities of a QB of McNabb's level being on this team! With the way the young guns in the receiving corps coming on in the later part of last season, one has to wonder how much better they'll do with an offense like Kyle Shanahan's in place, and with an elite-level QB like Donovan throwing to them. I'm guessing this is the end of the Redskins part of Campbell's career. I can't imagine him staying after this. Hopefully, he can go to a team that will appreciate him, and give him some protection. Hopefully, he goes somewhere with a strong offensive line and kicks some major ass. Hopefully, in another division...

No comments: