Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Catching Up

Ok. So I've been getting lazy lately. What else is new? Big news of the day - it looks like we may be getting our first Triple Crown winner in 30 years! Go Big Brown! I don't see, barring any catastrophic circumstances, how he can not win the Belmont. When he won the Preakness (sans whip, I might add), he looked exactly the same after the race as he did before the race. He didn't even look winded! When he came out of the last turn in both races, it was like he just kicked into another gear. With the Belmont being the longest race of the Triple Crown, it just gives him more time to pull away from the rest of the pack. My prediction is that he will set a record for the biggest win in Belmont history.

Idol final is tonight. Kind of anti-climactic. I don't see any way Archuleta doesn't win it. The primary voting demographic for the show is 13 year-old girls who can text message 150 votes an hour, and they're the ones in the audience screaming for Archie. Cook is a more versatile singer, but Arch is more technically proficient and has the teenybops going for him. Honestly, my interest took a nosedive once Michael Johns and Carly Smithson got booted. They really deserved to be in the final.

There was something else I was going to mention here, but I can't remember what it is. Oh well. Guess I better get used to it. I'm not getting any younger.

No comments: