Tuesday, October 17, 2006

There's Still Not Anything Wrong With That...

Ok, so the Redskins are now 2-4. Despite this, and in addition to my love for Clinton Portis, I now have love for Santana Moss. During the Skins' pathetic loss to the previously-winless Titans, the fans began chanting Jason Campbell's name and booing Mark Brunell. In response, Santana Moss said, "If you're going to be with us, be with us. Don't cheer one minute for the person, then boo him as soon as he has a couple of miscues or you feel like something's not going his way." As great as Skins' fans are, they are so fickle. I know the first impulse when a team is struggling is to blame the QB, but come on. Saunders only runs Portis 14 times?? WTF? Since the beginning of the Skins' 5-game run to the playoffs last year, all I heard was how when we commit to the run, we win. During those games, Portis averaged 26 carries per game. We struggled through the preseason and the first two games without him, then won 2 games (including Jax) when he came back. 14?? My theory, such as it is, is that Portis' shoulder was bothering him again. I mentioned to Chrissy during the game that he wasn't getting the ball very often and, when he was, he was running to the left a lot. I wouldn't be surprised if he confessed to the coaches before the game that he was sore and needed some rest before the Colts game this week, so they went easy on him. Even with that, though, what about Betts? Sellers? Duckett?? We trade a 3rd round pick for him and he's got 5 carries in 1 game? Ok, enough ranting. The point of all this, besides just getting something written down since I've been so lazy with blogging lately, is that I love me some Santana. Not that there's anything wrong with that...

1 comment:

JacquelineC said...

Ok, tried to post before and got stuck in word verification hell...
is portis off b/c he needs a new persona? I do think they're running him left b/c of shoulder.

In other gridiron matters, did you see the AZ-Chicago game? Even Theisman had to admit he'd underestimated Leinert. Grossman looked like more of a rookie. No one should blame James for low yardage when he's carrying three defenders and still moving.

What's our wager at now? I think I owe Chrissy a buck...