Tuesday, November 14, 2006

My Theories/Thoughts on Dexter

Ok, I'm a day late because I recorded Dexter on Sunday, but didn't get to watch it until last night. Anyway, here are some of my thoughts/theories on last night's ep:
1. Obviously, Neil Perry is not the Ice Truck Killer. I think he may be a protege. Someone the ITK saw (like Dexter) and decided to "play" with. The body in the yard (his mom?) is either an attempt to copy the ITK, or a killing that the Killer did as a favor to Perry.
2. Does anyone else notice that looks Dexter looks an awful lot like Paul (Rita's ex)? That alone is pretty creepy. But then you add in that Rita seems to have a penchant for picking psychos. Pretty scary.
3. I think there is a chance, not a great one, but a chance that Dexter is the Ice Truck Killer. Aside from the fact that he's a psychopath, he has been putting on a front to everyone but his father for the past, what, twenty years? He basically has created a false personality to portray to the outside world. That kind of stress, not to mention the stress of killing multiple individuals and covering it up without getting caught, can most likely take a toll on a body. He may have snapped. I don't think so, but if it turns out to be the case, at least it's out there now.
4. In actuality, I think Debra's new beau, Dr. Whatshisname is the Ice Truck Killer. Something about the way he said he "studied the human form" set off an alarm in my mind. The Killer clearly knows something about anatomy and the human body. Hell, they thought Jack the Ripper was a surgeon, so why not? Besides, it would make for great drama if she had to decide whether or not to shoot her boyfriend to stop him from killing. Then she'd come to Dex and say, "How could I have not seen that someone so close to me was a killer?"
5. The Captain is a dick.
6. Love that ending!

No comments: