Sunday, May 14, 2006

I feel so old!


Well, I went to my 20-year old niece's college graduation yesterday. It was a beautiful day and I am so proud of her! The ceremony was very nice. They had a large canopy set up. There were flags from every state or country of the graduating students draped around the inside of the canopy. It was very nice.

Ted Koppel was the guest speaker. I was pleasantly surprised at how funny he was! He even made a joke about his hair looking like a rug. His speech was wonderful, too. Very poignant and thought-provoking. I'm hoping I can get a transcript of it at some point. If I can get it electronically, I'll post it.

My sister and her husband had a party afterwards for Marisa. I couldn't get over how much work they had done on the house! It looked incredible! The food was great, naturally. They had a local band called Lionize. They played reggae and were surprisingly good! Especially for, as Marisa put it, rich white nerds. They weren't really, but they certainly didn't look like reggae musicians.

No comments: