Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Tough Night on Idol

Elliott - Three solid performances. Not bad, but not spectacular. I think Simon was absolutely right on his criticism on the first one - Elliott needs to loosen up. I think that has been his biggest drawback. He's too stiff onstage. I think his biggest advantage of the night was that each performance was better than the previous one.

Katharine - Looked great, especially on the first song. I didn't care for the second song. I'm not sure why the judges were so gaga over it. I don't like the sitting-on-the-floor thing again and I thought she tried to hard on it. I also didn't care for her expressions when they criticized her. She came across to me as very arrogant for the 2nd week in a row. I think she thinks she should win and is surprised when someone indicates that she's not the best.

Taylor - Shaky first song, but it helped when he got up and danced with Paula. Fantastic second song. I have been waiting since his audition for him to sing Joe Cocker. Third song was also good, but I am surprised he didn't rock it out. I think he and McPheever would both have benefitted from an upbeat song that got the crowd fired up and got them moving.

Overall, I wasn't overly impressed with the performances last night. Solid, but not spectacular. Nothing wowed me. Unfortunately, I think it is Elliott's night to go tonight. I think it should be Katharine, but I don't think Elliott did well enough to oust her. Actually, I've been getting more and more skeptical of the voting process over the past week, culminating in Chris getting the boot, and I think regardless of the votes, the producers want Kat in the finals. So it will be her versus Taylor. It should be Taylor versus Chris with Chris winning. Alas, it is not to be. There is no doubt in my mind that Taylor should win. If Katharine wins, there is definitely something screwy, and Chrissy and I both agree we will probably not watch next year. We shall see...

No comments: