Sunday, October 07, 2007

Go Skins!

Well, it's coming up on gametime and it was just announced that Santana Moss is inactive for the game. McCardell & Caldwell will be in, though. More importantly, hopefully that means Brandon Lloyd will get some game time. I don't know why I've taken a shine to Lloyd, but I really want to see him do well. Maybe it's because he seems like such an underdog to me. He's constantly criticized for making too much money and not making enough of a contribution to the team. The problem with that is that it's very difficult to make a contribution when you're not on the field! Gibbs is always saying how much he likes Brandon and thinks the world of him and really wants to see him pulling his weight, but then Lloyd sits on the sideline! Ok, I know we have Moss and Antwaan Randle El, but shit. Put in a 3- or 4-receiver set. While Randle El and Moss are getting double covered, throw to Lloyd. But we consistently put in 2 receivers then run the ball. So much was made of the vaunted Al Saunders offense when he got here, but I've mostly seen the standard Gibbs running attack. Believe me, I understand the need to run the ball. It's like using the jab in boxing to set up the power shots -- you pound away at the line, eat up the clock, force the D to bring in players to stop the run, then you take a shot downfield. I get it. It's just frustrating for me to see Lloyd (or any player, really) criticized for not producing when he's not getting the opportunity to produce.

Ok, I'll get off the soapbox now. Key for the game today - Skins' secondary. Kitna's on a roll, Lions have the #1 pass offense in the league (though that may be a bit misleading*) and the Lions' receivers are huge. The Skins' secondary is going to have to step up and keep the Lions from completing passes. The D-Line is going to have to get pressure on Kitna. Also, the D-Line can not let the 31st-ranked run offense get any yardage against us! But the key is going to be the 1-on-1 coverage of the Resdkins' corners against the Lions' receivers.

Finally, as previously promised, here's a link to my pictures from the Miami game. I found that Photobucket allows direct links, unlike Kodak Gallery. It also allows apparently unlimited uploads, unlike flickr. Kodak does have better photo editing, though, so that remains my primary photo site.

Go Skins!!

*Thus far, the Lions' offense has been up against the 18th, 29th, 17th and 19th-ranked pass defenses (Raiders, Vikings, Eagles and Bears respectively) that have a collective 5-11 record.

No comments: