Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Car Registration

Just in case anyone had forgotten about "My Friday Night".... Well, nearly two years later, my registration has come up for renewal again. I am proud to say that, although I have until 1/31/07 to renew my registration, I have already paid it online (almost a week ago!) and have my receipt printed and everything! I don't have the actual sticker to put on my car yet, but I have a temp registration printed which I can put in my back window just in cases.

Oh, and why was Mark "Marky Mark" Wahlberg nominated for an Oscar for The Departed? Don't get me wrong, I loved the movie and he was fine in it, but it wasn't an award-caliber performance. Not to mention Matt Damon, Alec Baldwin, Jack Nicholson, Martin Sheen were all equally, if not more, deserving. Who knows? Certainly not I.

Finally, I caught The Dresden Files on SciFi from Sunday. It is about Harry Dresden, a Chicago PI who also happens to be a wizard. He consults with the police when there is a supernatural bent to a case. He even advertises in the phone book under "Wizard." Who knew it was based on a series of books? Anyways, I thought it was interesting. Certainly not in the Heroes & 24 category, but it's got potential. It was certainly good enough to get me to come back. Apparently, it makes a few departures from the books, but that's to be expected any time you adapt material. Something many fanboys don't seem to get ("Oh no! Spider-Man has organic web-shooters! Sam Raimi is going to ruin everything!"). Yeah right. In any case, it's interesting. Check it out.

No comments: