Thursday, January 04, 2007

Playing Catch-Up

I saw this article from Esquire and felt I had to share. Since I was blogging anyway, I figured I should throw in a few things I had been meaning to blog. First off, hilarious article by Alan Arkin! Smart, too. Sounds like he's fairly intelligent and observant. Guess he's been paying attention for the past 73 years or so.
A new year is here, and with it, no resolutions. I don't believe in New Year's Resolutions. My thought being that if it (whatever "it" is) is important enough, you won't wait until January 1 to do it. If you put it off until New Year to do it, it's probably not important enough to you that you are going to stick to it. But that's just me. I know some people need that defined deadline. I've heard of people quitting smoking that way. They say, "On 'X' date, I will stop." Then, they can mentally prepare themselves.
Then again, what do I know? I'm losing my mind. Last Wednesday (12/27) marked the 5th anniversary of Chrissy and my first date. I went to her parents' house in Jersey within the first 3 or so months. This past weekend, when we were in Jersey for New Years, I noticed these pictures


on the wall for the very first time. (Sorry for the poor quality - they were taken on my new camera phone - yay!) According to everyone, they have been there since that room was added on to the house, say, about 20 years or so ago... I was literally sitting on the couch watching TV, looked up and asked my M-I-L, "Oh, when did you get those pictures? Are they new?" She looked at me like I had just lost my mind right then and there. Poof! All gone.... There was something else that made me think I was losing my mind, but guess what? I can't remember!

No comments: