Tuesday, January 30, 2007

My Prayers Have Been Answered!!

Yes! At long last! I thought this day would never be here. Gymkata has come to DVD. "The skill of gymnastics, the kill of karate." My collection of action movies starring Olympic gymnast/martial artists fighting ninjas in 3rd-world European countries is now complete. Now if only I could have back the years I spend trying to locate the tiny, yet savage country of Parmistan (the perfect spot for a "star wars" site) on a map, my life would be complete.

2 comments:

Kate North said...

(Second try!) So, precisely how many titles does this collection consist of? Surely there can't be that many - or more to the point, surely there SHOULDN'T be that many...

Michael said...

How many? Just the one. "There can be only one." Though, I think there was a Bruce Lee movie that used the word Gymkata in one of its alternate titles. No relation as far as I know. Don't think I've even seen the whole movie, but my favorite scene is when the bad guys are chasing him. He runs down the alley. Suddenly, he sees a bar above his head. He jumps up. He swings. He does that big looping swing (like on the parallel bars) and the bad guys dutifully come up one by one to get kicked away by Agent Cabot. Too funny!