Friday, February 16, 2007

Updates

Well, I was doing pretty well there for a while... Guess I'll play catch-up now. First off, I don't know what the appropriate mourning time is, but it's been about two and a half weeks since Barbaro passed, so I thought I would revert to the standard color scheme on the blog instead of the black-armband-equivalent.

Speaking of thoroughbreds (nice segue, eh?), Chrissy and I went to Laurel this weekend. As sort of a combined Valentines trip. Chrissy gave me $20 for betting. I actually did really well! I didn't have to dip in to any of my pre-existing money, I bought some french fries for a snack, and wound up cashing out at the end of the day with $74! So I grabbed dinner that night and on Monday, I ordered a Verizon Music Essentials kit, so I can load and listen to music on my phone. Of course, there's only room for about three short songs on my phone, so today, I ordered a 2G memory card to go with it. That should hold about 200 songs (I think).

Other big news - don't think I mentioned this on here before, but I think most everyone who would read this would already know... WE ARE MOVING!! Yaayyy!!! We got approved for a new apartment in Crofton, so we should be signing next month with a move-in date of 3/14. We have our old place through 3/31, so we should be able to get a good amount of stuff moved a car-load at a time over the course of those two weeks. We're very psyched about the new place. It's a 2-bedroom, 2-bath (woo hoo!) and it actually has a decent-sized kitchen! With a pantry!! Yaaaayy!!

Finally, my sisters were both in town at my Mom's last night. My nephew brought is PlayStation with him and I played DDR (Dance Dance Revolution, for the uninitiated) for the first time. It was actually pretty fun! Not as easy as it looks either. It's more like step aerobics than dancing, really. I was repeatedly told that I was a natural at it. I'm not sure if they were just being nice, but the machine said that I broke several records, so I must have done decent.

Ok, guess that's it for now. Work is picking up. That's good. Mom's feeling better. That's really good. Oh. Idol. Well, I'll get to that another time. I've got all weekend...

1 comment:

Kate North said...

Hey, you are moving - that's so cool. How nice to have a bigger place, hoorah! You will have to blog photos after you are settled. Or a YouTube video tour or two.